Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

HV's help or hindrance?

(1 Post)
rperrina Tue 10-Oct-17 21:53:48

My son is now just over 6 months. He was a month prem and is quite small (on the 2nd percentile)

The last 2 times I’ve had him weighed the HV has had something to say about how I’m feeding him. He’s never been a big eater which doesn’t help. So I kept a track of what he was having for a week. It consisted of purées along with his milk. I was feeding him every 2hrs ish.
HV said that’s probs too much as he will always be full.

Today, I go and he’s lost a bit of weight. Now apparently I’m not feeding him enough milk. He’s got a cough so she said go the doctors to rule out anything medical.

Honestly, I feel like I can’t do right for doing wrong. I can’t have an opinion on my sons health/well-being without someone questioning it is I find I’m constantly worried, second guessing everything and questioning myself and what I feed him.

I’m told not to force feed him but feed him more...how the hell do I do that. I honestly feel like I can’t use my own judgement and be an actual mum with her own instincts.

Sorry everyone, rant over and nothing against HV’s they do a great job but sometimes parents need to be able to sort things out with their own judgement and not be confused with percentile lines and weight!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now