Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Itchy feet

(6 Posts)
Ohdearwhatnow00 Mon 09-Oct-17 22:48:50

My 5yo dd has been getting itchy feet at night and it's happening more and more frequently. I have absolutely no idea what could be causing it as there seems to be no pattern to when it happens. Her feet look perfectly normal when it happens which is always at night and she wakes up quite distressed, she has no dry skin or rashes on her feet and it doesn't seem to matter whether they are hot or cold or whether she's worn socks or not to bed. I give her piriton and rub some moisturiser into the soles of her feet and she settles eventually but I'm at a loss as to what's causing it! Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas what could be causing it?

Keel Mon 09-Oct-17 22:53:58

I have had this for years but I have really dry skin and also thyroid problems. Could be worth mentioning to dr as mine does get worse when my thyroxine needs adjusting.

Ilovechocolate111 Mon 09-Oct-17 23:02:32

Could it be her blood circulation?

Emmastone123 Mon 09-Oct-17 23:04:37

Chilblains?

Emmastone123 Mon 09-Oct-17 23:06:36

If chilblains - calamine lotion helped. Giving the feet and toes a good massage.

Ohdearwhatnow00 Tue 10-Oct-17 07:39:32

Thanks for the replies, don't think it's chilblains as her feet aren't red or swollen, they look perfectly normal. Perhaps a trip to the drs is in order smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now