Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Vomiting but not a bug, help!

(15 Posts)
Kibbler86 Sun 08-Oct-17 19:17:53

Hi all, my son woke up last Saturday saying he felt sick. I put this down to the fact that he was hungry as he refused to eat his dinner. Anyway he was eventually sick then went back to bed and all was fine again. The same thing happened on Wednesday. It happened again last night but he had had a good dinner. I really don't know what to think/do. I am really emotional as I've had a rough couple of days feeling ill myself. I go to bed every night wondering if it's going to happen again. Does anyone have any experience of this or any suggestions? Tia x

turquoise88 Sun 08-Oct-17 19:32:11

Hmmm.

Is he anxious about anything in particular? School the next day or anything? If maybe give it a few more days and if things done improve, see the GP.

Kibbler86 Sun 08-Oct-17 19:42:21

No, he doesn't seem to be. He's quite good about saying when things are bothering him too.

shuggas Sun 08-Oct-17 19:43:41

TMI but when did he last have a poo? Could he be impacted and constipated? Go to doctor they will help always best bet, if urgent call 111 xxx

ohhelpohnoitsa Sun 08-Oct-17 19:58:38

My d's had similar once. He was his normal self and fine all day, then sick at night and in the night. Then perfectly fine the next day and so on. It was a bug and only went when we stopped food for 24hrs as per the doctors advice.

HeyRoly Sun 08-Oct-17 20:00:41

It could still be a bug. Not all present as violent, short lived puking.

StealthPolarBear Sun 08-Oct-17 20:01:27

Op where are you? There is a bug just like this going round here in the north east

Kibbler86 Sun 08-Oct-17 20:02:41

He had very loose poo on the Wednesday night he was sick, I though it was going to be a full on bout of S&D but it wasn't. He had a normal poo yesterday. I cant remember the other days x

Kibbler86 Sun 08-Oct-17 20:03:45

I'm north of London x

sooperdooper Sun 08-Oct-17 20:04:43

Could it be an allergic reaction to something he's eaten?

Kibbler86 Sun 08-Oct-17 20:08:40

I don't think it could be an allergic reaction, but of course I can't say for certain. He hasn't eaten anything new x

insancerre Sun 08-Oct-17 20:13:09

It could still be a bug
There is a particular one going around at the moment that is dysentery
I would treat it as a bug anyway and keep him off school until he has been symptom free for 48 hours

Kibbler86 Sun 08-Oct-17 20:29:05

He has been symptom free for 48hrs twice, then he's been ill again sad
I guess I'll call the drs tomorrow x

shewolfmum Sun 08-Oct-17 20:55:35

Is he having dairy? If a bug or food poisoning it can bring it back on?

shuggas Tue 10-Oct-17 20:26:51

How is little one doing x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now