Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Baby developing spots overnight

(9 Posts)
Sayyouwill Sun 08-Oct-17 08:13:58

My 9month old baby has the following symptoms:
Temperature (38•)
Spots appearing on face (around 5 in total)
Prickly heat style rash on legs
Still taking milk but refusing water and some food
Usually very independent and explory but very very clingy and won't be put down
Extra tired but won't sleep.

At first he had a bright red ear and cheek and I assumed teething (he's got 7 teeth so far and always had a red face when they've cut) but no teeth have cut and the other symptoms are new. The spots have a slight, tiny, pin prick blister on top. At first I thought chicken pox but none have appeared anywhere else, then I thought measles but they vanish under a glass. I'm waiting for the dr to call me back but they're crap and don't usually give any advice other than 'watch them'.
What do you all think? Anyone had anything similar?

holidayqueriwifi Sun 08-Oct-17 08:40:52

I'm always super cautious with babies. Keep ringing gp or a&e if worsens. They were great with me when I took a baby in with similar. Immediately checked for meningitis and thankfully ruled it out. Hope gp responds soon.

Sayyouwill Sun 08-Oct-17 15:19:56

It's hand foot and mouth 😫

shewolfmum Sun 08-Oct-17 20:58:44

Did you go in to see them? Didn't think hfm was rash like...more spotty blisters?

Changerofname987654321 Sun 08-Oct-17 21:29:23

My DD recently has chicken pox. For the first two and half days she only had a handful of spots.

We took DD to the pharmacist but it was day time and she is older who said they were 99% certain is was chicken pox.

Don’t give ibuprofen (nurofen) until you know for definite.

If you are at all concerned ring 111 and because your little one is under 6 months they will be seen today but it will mean going to a random health centre, probably in the middle of the night.

Changerofname987654321 Sun 08-Oct-17 21:30:01

Just realised you posted this this morning. I hope all is well now.

Sayyouwill Mon 09-Oct-17 07:07:31

@Changerofname987654321 my little one is 9 months.

It's definitely HFMD. I ended up ringing 111 and went to the walk in centre who diagnosed it. Plenty of calpol (when he's feeling poorly with it) and keeping him off nursery

Changerofname987654321 Mon 09-Oct-17 17:18:11

Oh poor thing. I hope it is over with quickly x

Sayyouwill Mon 09-Oct-17 18:19:09

Thanks 😫
He's fussing like mad but much happier today. I just feel awful that I can't fix it!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now