Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Does anyone have children with Lupus/autoimmune diseases?

(4 Posts)
notWORKzilla Fri 06-Oct-17 08:11:32

After a stressful summer and test after test for 3 year old DS we finally seem to be narrowing down the path to figure out what's wrong with him.
He has low white blood cell count, and red blood cells (can't remember the official term), a raised rheumatoid factor (but no arthritic symptoms) and periods of severe lethargy. The GP was asking about family history of autoimmune diseases and has referred us urgently to a paediatric rheumatologist (appointment Monday).

We don't have a diagnosis yet and I'm trying not to do a Dr Google diagnosis smile but in having a brief look at autoimmune diseases online, it all seems to refer adult women.
I'm just wondering if anyone has children with autoimmune diseases/ Lupus? And if you could share any experience with me?

It doesn't help that I suffer from pretty bad anxiety! blush

Runwayqueen Sat 14-Oct-17 16:30:43

Notworkzilla we are in exactly the same boat.** Nearly 3 years on from when it began dd (now 7) her consultant is thinking lupus and/or periodic fever syndrome.**

notWORKzilla Mon 23-Oct-17 16:11:37

Hi Runwayqueen,
I hope you get some answers and your DD is feeling better.
DS has been given the all clear for the moment but we are monitoring.

JellyBabiesSaveLives Mon 23-Oct-17 16:19:54

There are a lot of autoimmune diseases out there. Thyroid, coeliac, type 1 diabetes, nephrotic syndrome, rheumatoid arthritis. You can pretty much get any of them out of the blue at any age, but they do seem to run in families.

I hope today's appointment was useful.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: