Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Normal for teens to be tired all the time?

(4 Posts)
Humphreyhippo Fri 06-Oct-17 06:57:15

DS1 has just started Yr 12 at college - he's doing 4 A levels and the work load is high. He travels by bus most days so the day is longer than it was last year. He also works in a shop all day on Sats. He is pretty much constantly tired even though he goes to bed by 9.30 most nights (and up at 6). Has been complaining of headaches on and off and yesterday told me he's been having periods of disassociation ( he's doing psychology so has learnt about this recently - he's pretty sensitive so I don't rule out a bit of health anxiety creeping in).
Normal for a teenager in this position? Or worth a trip to the GP?

chaplin1409 Fri 06-Oct-17 07:02:12

My daughter is year 12 doing 4 a levels and she seems tired all the time too. She is in bed by 930 at night but then is away at weekends wuth cadets so goes to bed later then.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Fri 06-Oct-17 07:02:20

Ds says the workload is heavy for psychology, he's finding it hard too and is looking forward to half term! Normal I think especially after 10 weeks off in the summer!

Chocolatecake12 Fri 06-Oct-17 07:03:19

My teenager loves nothing more than an afternoon nap! I think it’s fairly normal - someone once said to me that teenagers were just like giant toddlers and it’s so true - stroppy, loving, emotional, tired, stubborn......

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now