Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

What has bitten DD?

(7 Posts)
pootypootwell Mon 03-Jul-17 19:56:20

I have attached a pic below of the bites my two year old got about a week ago; the picture shows what they looked like this morning.

I think the ring around them is strange, and I've never seen a bite like it before - she has six of them on her upper legs! Fearing Lyme Disease I have taken her to two doctors today (a GP and a private dermatologist) and both said it was not a tick bite/Lyme disease. I am in a forested area of Central Europe where Lyme disease is relatively common, so I expect the docs know what they are looking for - but they couldn't say what HAD bitten her. Any ideas?

The bites aren't bothering her, and the dermatologist has prescribed her an ointment of hydrocortisone and antibiotic.

peripateticparents Mon 03-Jul-17 19:57:38

Looks like a spider bite?

Crazylou Mon 03-Jul-17 22:30:13

Request bloods to be done to rule out Lyme disease that's what I would do

sepsisandAKI Mon 03-Jul-17 22:36:27

If you google bulls eye rash it brings up a rash exactly the same as your daughters. Looks like Lyme disease to me! I'd get a third opinion!

BarbarianMum Wed 05-Jul-17 08:57:35

I'd also want bloods done to rule out Lymes disease based on those bites.

pootypootwell Fri 07-Jul-17 21:49:31

Thanks for replies, got a third opinion, also said not Lyme. On Wednesday I saw a mosquito bite her on the back of the neck, the next day there was a bullseye rash there too! So it seems to be an allergic reaction to mosquito bites.

pootypootwell Fri 07-Jul-17 21:50:37

Should add also that the rings in the pic had gone the next morning, and didn't spread gradually outward like a Lyme disease rash would.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now