Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Additional vaccinations

(8 Posts)
banannabreadforme Tue 27-Jun-17 14:34:33

Hi ladies. Have your children have any extra vaccinations? Why did they have them? Where did they have them? How much did they cost?
Am interested as I'd like mine to perhaps have extra.
Thank you

NotTooWorried Tue 27-Jun-17 16:33:58

Mine had the menB vaccinations which we paid for as they are over the age limit to have them on the NHS. We did it because meningitis is a horrific illness which can kill or leave life changing injuries.

welshweasel Tue 27-Jun-17 16:37:05

I got DS vaccinated against chickenpox. It cost £80 and was done at the GP. He had the first one done with his 12 month vaccinations and the second one about 6 weeks later.

Also had hepatitis a as we were going to Egypt. That was free at GP.

welshweasel Tue 27-Jun-17 16:38:14

Oh and he had chicken pox as I have seen some horrible complications from it, pretty much every other developed country vaccinated against it and I didn't fancy having to take a week off work when he inevitably got it!

elfonshelf Wed 28-Jun-17 14:40:02

Chicken pox - well worth the cost.

If DD had been younger (she's 8) we would have definitely opted for the menB.

Scoose Wed 28-Jun-17 14:45:13

We paid privately for the men b vaccine as dd is 6 so over the age limit.

Natsku Wed 28-Jun-17 14:52:41

I paid for DD to have the chicken pox vaccine and would have paid for the men B vaccine but its not available yet in my country but got the other meningitis ones.

I'm considering paying for a tick vaccine for her (and me and OH) but maybe not this year as I don't think we'll be going for any camping holidays this summer.

fannydaggerz Wed 28-Jun-17 14:54:49

I paid privately for my son to have the meningitis B vaccine years ago.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now