Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Chicken pox

(4 Posts)
monstamum Tue 27-Jun-17 07:09:10

My 12year old DD has a very nasty dose of chicken pox. Saw the Doc yesterday and he said how did you get through primary without getting it?? Anyway she has been so ill overnight, and the smell of Calamine lotion makes her feel sick! She has had temperature, vomiting, spots everywhere. She has had quite a month- first period 2 weeks ago, then full week of exams last week, now this. Any one used other creams on the spots which work well which isn't Calamine?

PicnicPie Tue 27-Jun-17 07:30:20

Sorry to hear. My two DD'S are just getting over it. They're only 2 and 4 and didn't have it too bad. But now my adult sis has caught from them. She's been given anti viral meds and been signed off for 2 weeks from work with it. I really recommend vira soothe gel. Our pharmacist recommended. We kept in fridge. Really cooling and soothing. That and piriton regularly. Good luck.

monstamum Wed 28-Jun-17 21:23:31

Thanks we will try that, she is on antihistamine now and that has helped today a lot, but skin is so sore! So we will try that next too. Thanks again x

Generallyok Wed 28-Jun-17 21:44:11

A really good pediatrician advised me to keep spots as dry as possible and avoid bathing for the first few days. He said by doing this they will heal faster and lower the risk of infection. My son had been admitted to hosipial as very poorly. Dd caught next and I did this and she healed very quickly. Calamine does dry the spots the best.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now