Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

ENT and Ortho problem

(3 Posts)
WhateverFlowsYourBoat Sun 11-Jun-17 14:34:01

Hi all,

I have a 18 yo DD born on Feb so just turned 18 (I know, she's an adult but it'll make sense) who was scheduled to have a spinal fusion for her kyphoscoliosis on June 2016 at the age of 17 but waited since she was 15-16. That didn't happen.

Her spinal degrees are somewhat over a 100 and also a 75, so not good. It's affecting lungs and everything pretty much. It's a juvenile type of scoliosis but surgery was a last resort due to the risk to nerves as her spine is twisted really badly. Getting worse too.

She couldn't have the op because her throat was too narrow for the breathing tube so they decided to refer her to ENT so that they could have an investigation and see if it can be widened with surgery. That referral didn't go through until I chased it up in January.. 6 months. By then, she had more worsening symptoms like incontinence.

She was seen once by ENT and then scheduled for a pre-op but the op was cancelled several times. The reason I still don't know.

She recently had a scan but it's been several weeks. I have tried calling.

Is there anything do because DD has been waiting for 3 years for this surgery and I can't see her in the amount of pain she is in. She takes 60mg of Co-codamol but she may not be able to take muscle relaxants due to her lungs..

Sorry for it being long

Badders123 Sun 11-Jun-17 16:31:59

At this stage i would be contacting the CEO of the hospital and your MP

WhateverFlowsYourBoat Sun 11-Jun-17 16:42:42

That would make things more serious, wouldn't it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now