Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Chicken pox

(11 Posts)
DumbledoresArmy Sun 04-Jun-17 08:30:28

DS has come out in a few spots. Not many but a probably about 10ish spots on his body.
There're not bothering him at all so I'm not sure if it's chicken pox or not.
Do the pics look like chicken pox to you guys?

TwatteryFlowers Sun 04-Jun-17 09:14:23

Looks like it to me. If there are blisters these are filled with a clear fluid then it's chicken pox. Not every child finds them itchy or annoying. Dd recently had them - she started out with the odd one or two and ended up with hundreds but only a couple of the pox spots were itchy, painful or irritating and she was fine for the first two days; her worst days where she was irritable and tired and felt like rubbish were days 3&4.

TwatteryFlowers Sun 04-Jun-17 09:15:32

Blisters these that are filled with a clear fluid...

WhatWouldDarylDixonDo Sun 04-Jun-17 10:02:36

Identical to how both my DCs chicken pox started.
DC2 is still infectious so all very fresh in my memory.

Stock up on piriton and PoxClin mousse. Mine hated it being applied but the change in them once it was on was remarkable.

FlaviaAlbia Sun 04-Jun-17 10:04:40

Yes, sorry. Those are identical to DS's when it started a few weeks ago.

Baking soda in the bath and priton worked for him.

TwatteryFlowers Sun 04-Jun-17 13:14:19

You probably already know but if it is chicken pox and he does get a temperature or seems uncomfortable etc don't give him ibuprofen. I don't know what it does but it can make the spots really bad.

Hopefully he'll be better in a week or so flowers

CondensedMilkSarnies Sun 04-Jun-17 13:17:04

Def chicken pox - hope he doesn't suffer too badly . I agree Do Not Give Ibuprofen . Hope he gets over it quickly x

mummc2 Sun 04-Jun-17 18:34:06

Ooh I just came on to search for help and advice for pox and found this!! Must be around a lot at minute my dd (9) just started today with same and already from this morning there's more but she's comfortable and not itchy - Guna pop out for some piriton tomorrow.
What does the baking soda do???

FlaviaAlbia Sun 04-Jun-17 18:37:43

It stops the itching mummc2 DS really didn't like the virasoothe cooling cream so he spent a lot of time in the bath!

mummc2 Sun 04-Jun-17 18:40:12

Thanks she loves the bath just wasn't sure it was advised (I've never had cp or my other dd 12)

DumbledoresArmy Sat 10-Jun-17 23:03:33

Thanks everyone!
Yes it was indeed chicken pox!
The following day DS was covered.
He's handled it pretty well.
Just waiting for DS2 to come out in them now.
I'm assuming it may happen 2 weeks later?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now