Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Strange Rash ( pics too )

(9 Posts)
Charmed221080 Wed 31-May-17 21:27:26

My 7year old had a slight redness on the back of his neck this morning that I just put down to him having an itch.
However, within an hour the same rash appeared on his arms just above his elbows & just under his knees at the back. I rang my GP and was told by the receptionist that a spreading rash doesn't qualify for an emergency appointment. I went to see the pharmacist who prescribed Piriton & said it should help. The rash kept getting worse. Eventually I got a Gp appointment & I explained the problem, he saw the rash which had spreAd even more & he gave me a stronger antihistamine & Zerobase cream.

They have dulled the itch but not for long & the rash is still spreading. My son is asleep now but I can see that it has grown since my last pics.

I haven't changed soap powder, soap etc nor has he eaten anything different or come in contact with anything different.

Any help would be gratefully received

Jo

GinSwigmore Wed 31-May-17 21:42:41

hives maybe....has he had a fancy vitamin water drink today as these can have ragweed as an ingredient which can cause an allergic reaction.

Charmed221080 Wed 31-May-17 21:46:21

I didn't think hives kept spreading. No no new water etc nothing at all has changed x

FireBright Wed 31-May-17 21:50:36

My son had a very similar rash to this when he had Scarlett Fever. Hope he's feeling better soon.

Charmed221080 Wed 31-May-17 22:01:32

Thanks Firebright. Hoping he stays asleep for now & it dies down overnight

MrsMulder Wed 31-May-17 22:06:20

Prickly heat?

BatSegundo Wed 31-May-17 22:19:52

Could be slapped cheek? Initial symptoms may be very mild, so you may not have noticed. There is then a follow up 'lacy' rash which looks a lot like this. Usually more prominent on the arms/legs than the body though. There's certainly a lot of it about at the moment.

ginflumpsandzebraprint Wed 31-May-17 22:24:01

I became allergic to peanuts after not having them for 2 years back to back pregnancies and the first I knew was a rash like that. It was hives and everywhere literally everywhere I touched on my body the hives appeared for about 2 days piriton helped the itching though

FireBright Mon 05-Jun-17 08:28:28

How's your son doing @Charmed221080 ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now