Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

3yr old pale poo and blood when wiping

(11 Posts)
Starstarbright599 Tue 30-May-17 20:40:00

Dd3 has been constipated for a while and has been complaining of pain when passing poo. She's had small amounts of red blood when wiping after some of these poos. I've assumed it's something benign like anal fissures? From getting so constipated. But the poo is very pale - straw colored. Should I take to gp? She's otherwise well except for complaining about the odd tummy pain (before she poos) and also I think she's got slightly yellow feet - but I took her to the gp about that and they practically laughed at me re that. Should I go to gp? Any ideas what it could be or how I can help her other than lots of water and prunes?

NickMyLipple Tue 30-May-17 20:45:33

You absolutely should take her for the pale poo alone. When did her poo become pale?

Starstarbright599 Tue 30-May-17 20:49:06

I'm not sure I can really recall (god I sound like such a negligent parent!) - maybe a month or two? It's been worse the last week or so, coinciding with the constipation. it's not white, just paler than I think it should be.

booellesmum Tue 30-May-17 20:51:52

Pale stools can be a sign of liver problems which would link with the yellow feet/ jaundice.
I would take her back to GP with a stool sample.
Hope she is ok.

Starstarbright599 Tue 30-May-17 20:54:26

God last thing we all need. I'll take her tomorrow. Hopefully it's nothing!

Fairylea Tue 30-May-17 22:27:31

Pale stools can also be a sign of coeliac disease. Hope the gp is helpful.

booellesmum Wed 31-May-17 17:11:42

Been thinking about you all day - hope all is well with your DD.

Starstarbright599 Wed 31-May-17 18:20:53

Thank you - all is well thankfully - just a tear and a bout of thrush. She thought pale color related to upset tummy somehow and if it continued take in a sample so will see if it's still the same next week. Thanks for your help guys

booellesmum Wed 31-May-17 21:02:45

Glad she's ok and hopefully better soon.
Feeling relieved on your behalf!

notapizzaeater Wed 31-May-17 21:15:13

Was just about to say pale stools sometimes is a sign of coeliacs - hope she feels better soon

Starstarbright599 Wed 31-May-17 21:20:35

Thank you!

I'm going to keep a close eye on the colour of it and will def go back if it keeps being pale.

Coeliac is an interesting one as she's had lots of tummy trouble as a baby - I will definitely bear in mind if she gets any other symptoms thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now