Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Tell me it'll be ok (hand hold maybe)

(7 Posts)
Ollycat Tue 30-May-17 11:27:04

Dd (11) has a strange lump which has come up on her scalp. GP doesn't think it's cancerous but has referred her to have it tested / removed. I'm just in a bit of a tizz if I'm honest- it will hopefully be fine but it's all the what ifs ,..

picklemepopcorn Tue 30-May-17 11:30:05

Hand stretched out here. I'm sure it's fine, my family are full of strange lumps and bumps. You've got it looked at, so nothing more to do just yet. flowers

Ollycat Tue 30-May-17 11:38:00

Thank you - I keep telling myself we've been to the gp so just need to wait for referral and there's nothing else I can do at the moment. I guess I wanted the GP to say it was definitely fine.

NorthernLurker Tue 30-May-17 11:39:30

Lots of people have scalp lumps. If she's otherwise well it's v unlikely it's a worry but good to get it checked.

picklemepopcorn Tue 30-May-17 12:00:15

DH has a humongous one on his back, has done ever since I knew him at 19. I don't know when it arrived. Waiting is tough.

Ollycat Wed 31-May-17 14:26:24

Thank you - the hospital phoned this morning and she is being seen next week - fingers crossed we get good news.

picklemepopcorn Wed 31-May-17 15:55:25

Nice and quick. Good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now