Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Viral Rash

(9 Posts)
iwasagirlinavillage Sat 27-May-17 12:12:21

DD2 (11 months), woke up with a rash on her stomach, chest and nappy area. Her temp was 37.5 so nothing remarkable. Stripped her down to her nappy for a bit but it still didn't go and has spread to arms, legs, feet, back. I took her to the pharmacy and the pharmacist said it doesn't look a problem at present and she seems okay - she's had a runny nose and she's a bit unhappy but not constantly and she's still playing and happy some of the time. He said that if she becomes unwell or develops a fever or if the rash gets spots to take her to a walk in clinic. Some of the rash seems to be developing spots but she is otherwise fine. She's had a nap, some milk, some food. She's currently playing happily. I don't want to over react or under react but based on just a few spots should I take her to the walk in clinic? Or continue monitoring and see how she is in an hour or so?

Vroomster Sat 27-May-17 16:34:09

Chicken pox?

iwasagirlinavillage Sat 27-May-17 18:43:49

I was thinking that but the rash is all over, hundreds of tiny dots, a few of which have become blisters. The dots don't look like CP from when DD1 had it. I went back to the pharmacy to ask about the way the rash had developed. I saw a different pharmacist and she said she doesn't think it's viral, doesn't think it's chicken pox, doesn't think it's an allergic reaction. But she doesn't know what it is. She said as DD is okay in herself she doesn't think it's anything to be concerned about and just to keep an eye on it.

Quartz2208 Sat 27-May-17 18:49:00

Prickly heat/heat rash and some heat blisters

My 4 year old has it at the moment on his arms legs and back. Raised red spots that itch.

He has had chicken pox, hfm and a non blanching rash from sepsis so I know its none of them and apart from a snotty nose and cough has not been ill for it to be viral (though he is very prone to viral rashes)

its just the heat I think

iwasagirlinavillage Sun 28-May-17 08:05:39

Here are some photos of how it looks.

I'll be taking her to the walk in clinic today. But any idea what it could be?

Agoddessonamountaintop Sun 28-May-17 09:00:35

Hives/urticaria can be blistery red weals or red spots. Could it be that?

Witchend Sun 28-May-17 11:32:46

I would get that checked that it isn't scarlet fever. It looks sandpapery to me. What's her tongue like?

user1496045958 Mon 29-May-17 12:11:24

it's looking like my Dd. got told its just virial..

iwasagirlinavillage Thu 01-Jun-17 18:59:14

The rash as it was has settled down, although there are still some patches still there. However, I'm now a bit concerned as she also has clusters of pin prick dots which do not blanch. She is generally okay in herself. She has a cough and cold and she's teething so she's not quite her usual happy self but she is still playing, smiling, eating and drinking.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now