Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

High CRP & White Cell Count

(5 Posts)
user1493847507 Wed 24-May-17 23:13:56

My 3 year old have had fevers, vomiting and now has started to limp with pain in his knee. The doc done blood tests, his CPR IS 10.56 and his WCC is 13.2. Does anyone know what this could mean he has been referred to paeds.

Sunshinesaz86 Thu 25-May-17 10:05:45

Have you asked what it means high crp and wcc? As far as I'm aware it usually means infection somewhere but limping and fevers can mean other things.

Does your dc have any other symptoms. I do hope it turns out to be nothing serious, but if your unsure ask the drs that's what they're there for.

Good luck x x

Vroomster Thu 25-May-17 10:14:03

CRP is an inflammation marker, but 10 isn't overly high.

Vroomster Thu 25-May-17 10:14:49

Forgot to add, children I see in hospital have CRPs up to 100+.

BarbarianMum Thu 25-May-17 10:55:44

Ring your GP and ask them. They'll explain to you properly. If they thought it was something very serious though, you'd have been sent directly to the hospital for more tests, not referred to a paed, so try not to worry excessively.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now