Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Lump on baby's neck

(3 Posts)
Funnyface1 Mon 22-May-17 15:57:26

Hi, my dd is 9 months old and this afternoon I have found a lump on her neck. It's behind her ear where lymph nodes are. It's not visible but feels about the size of a pea. It's grissley and it moves. It doesn't seem to be causing her pain.

She's still working on her first tooth and has been a bit clingy last few days but no other symptoms.

I know I need a medical opinion and I'm taking her to gp tomorrow. Just wondering if anyone has had anything like this and if it's likely to be her lymph nodes or maybe a cyst?

Thanks

lamado Mon 22-May-17 17:00:06

My DS always has these. They are normally swollen lymph nodes and my GP assures me they are the sign of a healthy immune system. Often I feel them and a couple of days later he has a cold.
Definitely get them checked out to give you piece of mind, but I'm sure you have nothing to worry about.

Funnyface1 Mon 22-May-17 17:08:56

Thank you. I'm trying to keep a grip of myself but my heart just sank when I felt it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now