Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Should I do anything about DC thumb?

(3 Posts)
plaintomatopasta Fri 19-May-17 11:44:44

We discovered last night that our DS's left thumb doesn't straighten! I've tried myself to hold it up whilst he sleeps and his thumb physically doesn't straighten so it's not him just holding it up funny. He's never broken anything so it's not like he broke his thumb and it didn't heal properly and his right thumb is fine...

It doesn't seem to bother him really so should I do anything about it or just leave him? Has anyone heard of this and it being something children grow out of?

Canadalife Fri 19-May-17 11:49:01

Hi there...my daughter has that...so did her great grandmother...it is genetic...causes no pain and has a very long medical name. 16 year old is totally fine with it, no dexterity problems or anything. No need for medical apt...but if you are concerned just as next time you see someone.

Lovely little one

plaintomatopasta Fri 19-May-17 11:53:10

Thank you. It doesn't seem to bother him at all. I just didn't want to ignore it and it be a future problem that I should have sorted out. It's good to hear that your daughter has no problems at all so I'm just going to leave it and stop worrying. Thank you again x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now