Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

1 year old unwell

(9 Posts)
user1495016283 Wed 17-May-17 11:24:54

Hi, my 1 year old little girl became unwell 5 days ago. It started off with being tired and upset and loss of appetite, next day was the same with a high temperature same again the next day. Then I noticed a red spot on her belly and her scalp looked abit pinkish/red. The next day the spot kinda of spread out so it was bigger, wasn't raised or anything but she also got a few more, the last few days she has loads on her tummy and back none on her arms, then this morning it now gone to her head, face behind her ears. And her eyes look kinda sore. I'm not sure if it's chicken pox or measles? I don't want to take her to the doctor as what ever it is I don't want it to spread to other people. Any advice would be great! Thanks maria

elephantscansing Wed 17-May-17 11:27:18

Hmm, looks a bit more like measles... Have any of the spots scabbed over yet? Has she had vccinations so far?

www.nhs.uk/conditions/Chickenpox/Pages/Introduction.aspx
www.nhs.uk/conditions/measles/Pages/Introduction.aspx

user1495016283 Wed 17-May-17 11:33:30

Not they've not scabbed over yet those photos were taken this morning, she's had all her vaccinations apart from the one she has around her first birthday which she is supposed to have next week, I'm looking in her red book now and I think that ones for measles?! 😩

elephantscansing Wed 17-May-17 19:39:53

Hm. How is she in herself?

I might ring your GP to say you think your dd may have measles and ask if measles is going around. You could always email a pic to your GP, see what they say!

Hope she feels better soon.

shewolfmum Wed 17-May-17 22:22:05

Does she have any white spots in mouth? Look up koplik spots...could be a viral rash. If measles consider high dose of vit A.

shewolfmum Wed 17-May-17 22:22:42

Also don't take her for vax if she is unwell at all.

musicalmama Wed 17-May-17 22:35:24

At age one they are so vulnerable. Take her to the docs tomorrow if they can't send someone out and ask for emergency appointment to get seen quickly. 5 days is a long time for a wee one to be unwell. I presume you've done the glass test for meningitis to rule out that?

BarbarianMum Fri 19-May-17 10:11:16

If you think it maybe measles you need to speak to your GP. Please call them.

User06383 Fri 19-May-17 10:14:02

Call your GP, 5 days is a long time to feel poorly for. Measles can be very serious so if it's the MMR she's missed she could be at risk.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now