Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Help! I scalded my baby...

(6 Posts)
Bellabelloo Tue 16-May-17 19:29:06

...and feel terribly guilty. He stuck his foot under what I thought was cold water and screamed blue murder. I ran it under cold water, gave him calpol and it looks a little pink, but he seems quite happy now and has settled down to sleep. So I presume he's ok? I feel so terrible. Bad mum!

tissuesosoft Tue 16-May-17 19:33:00

Depending how hot the water was, I would get him checked out to be honest. You aren't a bad mum!

Fluffy24 Tue 16-May-17 19:34:59

I'd get him checked just to be on the safe side OP. Call nhs24 and ask for advice at the very least.

blueskyinmarch Tue 16-May-17 19:35:37

How hot was the water? Baby skin is very delicate and can damage very easily. I have known parents to be in real trouble for not taking their child for treatment after doing this (ex child protection social worker). I am not usually an advocate of going to A&E but for this i think it is what i would recommend.

BillywigSting Tue 16-May-17 19:36:22

If it's just a bit pink you're probably OK, if it peels or blisters get it checked out.

peenakholahda Tue 16-May-17 19:41:49

Another vote for getting it checked out. Burns often start pink and worsen later; if A&E assess that it should have been treated more quickly then yes they may refer to SS.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now