Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Travelling on very noisy and bumpy central line in east during the day while pregnant

(5 Posts)
kristinad Tue 16-May-17 17:50:06

It's been causing me distress the travel on central line during the day in the east. There are few people, fewer trains and day go much faster than in the mornings or evenings. They make so much noise from certain stops that old people cover their ears. I'm worried that my fetus hearing could be harmed in the third trimester.

LightYears Tue 16-May-17 17:54:41

Will be fine. Very well, protected. I got upset when I was pregnant because I was shouting about something, can't remember what now but still was worried I'd upset baby.

mayhew Tue 16-May-17 17:56:01

It might not be pleasant for you but your fetus will not be harmed. In your womb the sound will be very muffled by your body and amniotic fluid. Like being underwater at the swimming pool.

LightYears Tue 16-May-17 17:56:53

The old people might have hearing aids in, is terrible when there's high pitched sounds.

GahBuggerit Tue 16-May-17 17:58:47

Baby will be absolutely 100% fine op

I worried about fireworks when pregnant with pfb blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now