Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

9 week old has a cold and is very sleepy, is this normal?

(4 Posts)
AimeeLeah88 Tue 16-May-17 16:31:22

Hi ladies my LO has a bit of a cold, he has a stuffy nose but not runny and is very sleepy during the day, only waking for feeds and then straight back to sleep which isn't normal for him. He's normally awake for a couple of hours after his feeds before napping for a couple of hours. Today & yesterday he's slept all day. He doesn't have a temp but has taken a bit less milk than normal today. Should I see the GP or is this normal? I've been at the docs almost everyday recently for oral thrush, nappy rash, reflux etc so don't want them to think I'm a hypochondriac lol x

beautifulgirls Tue 16-May-17 17:08:01

It may well be just fine but he is young and you do need to see the GP today with him to be on the safe safe. Please give them a call now and get him checked.

starfishmummy Tue 16-May-17 17:19:16

I would get him checked.

TheMogget Tue 16-May-17 17:55:29

Trust your instincts. You know him best. If you're not sure get him checked. Everyone would rather see him and confirm all is ok than not see him and it not be.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now