Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Moderate hearing loss

(1 Post)
user1484994032 Mon 15-May-17 16:12:46

Hi everyone this is my first ever post and I am completely stressed out and confused. My son is 3 1/2 at birth he failed his hearing test and then put it down to glue ear as I had had a csection. He had grommets at 22 months and a lot of glue came out, he passed a hearing test 3 months later. During a routine ent appointment I said he was doing great but felt his speech was unclear and asked for SALT. I was rejected for this as they felt my son was fine. At the appt they suggested another hearing test as it had been 6 months, he failed and they thought there was no glue behind his ear. A week later he was retested and he failed but they said there was a build up of glue. So he was referred for adenoids removal and grommets again and abr. results came bk no glues adenoids were large and hearing was 60db so moderate hearing loss. We are now waiting for hearing aids and ct scan. Should have said they say there is a middle ear problem as when bin conduction tests he can hear 15db.
Firstly has anyone got any similar experiences? Secondly can anyone recommend a private ent consultant because I feel messed about abt 3 1/2 years

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now