Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

What is this please?

(18 Posts)
Chlandy Mon 15-May-17 06:05:31

Hi all
Back again... Going to ring the doctors when the open at 8, but wondering if anyone recognises what this could be? I thought dribble rash at first but he usually gets dribble rash all over his chin and it clears overnight, he's had this since around 11am yesterday, it's in the shape of a love heart (although I think that parts irrelevant) near his mouth and looks like a red dry patch but isn't dry to touch? A little baffled and a FTM so a massive worrier about anything and everything!
Thank you x
(It's a bit more clear and red in real life than the pic)

Chlandy Mon 15-May-17 16:48:59

Been to doctors and they didn't know but wasn't concerned and said it would go away... It's getting worse... Has anyone known of anything like this? I'm worrying out of my mind sad

cremedelashite Mon 15-May-17 18:14:31

I'm no expert but if the doc isn't worried and the baby is eating/ filling nappies with no temp, I'd say that it could be one of those wee things babies get. As they start teething etc they get this type of thing. Keep an eye on it over next couple of days. Hope you can put your mind at rest

phoolani Mon 15-May-17 18:33:32

I totally understand the worry, remember it well. What I learned about rashes/weird mark things: babies (or at least my babies) get them a lot and you can't really tell from the rash itself whether it's something or nothing; the key is to look at everything else - temperature, alertness, general level of happiness and breathing rate. If the baby seems fine other than the rash, it really is probably nothing. I remember taking dd to hospital with a rash that spread from her chest to totally covering her entire body in the time it took to get there. The consultant arrived expecting the worst then basically said the rash was so horrendous,it was the fact that dd wasn't completely unresponsive that was convincing her that dd was in fact fine. Keep an eye on him/her but if they seem fine other than the red marks, chances are they are fine.

shewolfmum Mon 15-May-17 19:03:20

Cute baby. Looks like a hive to me. How old is bubba?

Chlandy Mon 15-May-17 19:20:14

Thank you, that is reassuring hearing it from other mamas! He's 6 months and has been teething and usually gets dribble rash and a faint rash on his tummy, but this is just so round and red rather than speckly almost like his usual rash and his usual rash comes and goes through out the day with dribble but this has stayed solid! He's had no temp but occasional clammy spells which doctor said was no concern as no actual temp! Thank you he makes my heart explode with love and with that comes the head explosion of worry ha! X

Chlandy Mon 15-May-17 19:22:04

Oh yes and he's fine in himself, plenty of wet nappies, his dirty nappy earlier was a little funnier than usual but he's eating and drinking as normal x

bigredboat Mon 15-May-17 19:24:02

No idea what the rash is but your baby is super cute!

Justmadeperfectflapjacks Mon 15-May-17 19:25:56

Ds had this when we got our Xmas tree last year.
Also when he had sat on the grass at the park.
Have you tried piriton syrup?
And those cheeks are so squeezable!!

AirBiscuitEater Mon 15-May-17 19:28:02

That face! If ever there was a need for a heart eyes emoji 😍

AirBiscuitEater Mon 15-May-17 19:29:35

Ahem.... to the point of your post..

Looks a little like dribble rash to me. My DS' rash started out very similar. I'm no expert though and wouldn't worry if Dr isn't worried.

Chlandy Mon 15-May-17 19:59:20

Aw thank you for your lovely comments, he is my little cutie pie ☺️! Thank you that's made me relax more, I'll just keep an eye and whilst he thankfully has no other symptoms I'll just hope it clears up soon! Xx

Chlandy Mon 15-May-17 20:06:53

Sorry another quick question - would you put anything on it? Doctor said could use anything like moisturiser, Vaseline or sudocrem, but wondered if any of you lovely mummies have any personal recommendations for this kinda thing ☺️ or if you'd just leave it x

lorelairoryemily Mon 15-May-17 20:12:38

Beautiful little boy! Moo goo irritable skin balm is brilliant for things like that. He really is gorgeous smile

Chlandy Mon 15-May-17 22:01:56

Thank you very much ☺️ xx

WatcherOfTheNight Mon 15-May-17 22:29:08

No helpful advice but agree with PP 😍 he is sooo scrumptious!

Phoenix76 Mon 15-May-17 22:36:40

Oh my gosh, your baby is too cute! My dd2 had very similar rashes around her face, never did get to the bottom of it but if I was going to guess I'd go with dribble rash. She seemed to have several variations of dribble rash, some looked more alarming than others. If your baby is chewing his fists or something it might produce the effect he currently has. Fwiw she's 1 now and has been "rash art" free for a good few months.

eerry Mon 15-May-17 22:38:33

No advice but what a cute face smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now