Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Nosebleeds

(4 Posts)
FiveGoMadInDorset Thu 11-May-17 20:23:57

DS has always had the odd nosebleed but today he has had 5, 2 quite heavy. Anyone had this? Is it worth getting an appointment with the doctor or just keep an eye on it. He is 8

BackforGood Fri 12-May-17 00:21:50

My dd used to get quite a lot, and they did used to come 'in batches' as it were, but 5 in a day does seem a lot.
I would see how he goes over the next week or so and then make a decision about the Drs.

Grainfail Fri 12-May-17 00:29:39

I used to get nosebleeds all the time as a child. Some lasted hours, and as mentioned, often came in batches, or weirdly when I was excited about something. I remember one class trip in particular I spent walking around with teacher with one hand plugging my nose with tissue, the other holding a plastic bag full of bloody tissues. Was horrible.

I begged to see the doctor so I could have the veins cauterised in my nose but my parents refused. I eventually grew out of it and haven't had one since I was pregnant or had a very bad cold, maybe three in the last 10 years.

Worth a trip to the GP to be sure, but might not recommend any course of action.

Daffodils07 Fri 12-May-17 10:09:00

My oldest dd had them quite bad when she was around 5.
I did take her to the gp in the end as it was every night and a few times a day in school.
They gave her some cream to put up her nose and it did work.
Not saying it will for your child op but worth a try or at least seeing the gp as 5 in a day is quite bad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now