Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

DS is really lethargic lately

(5 Posts)
JesusDontWantMeForASunbeam Mon 08-May-17 09:44:12

He had the flu in Feb and hasn't really recovered. He's picked up every little viral issue and just seems so tired all of the time. He's been toilet trained since January but in the last week has been having 3 or 4 accidents a day. He's always thirsty as well.

We have an appointment with the nurse at 11. I've just worried myself that it's diabetes or something (I have a bit of anxiety with the DCs health). I'm going to take a sample of his urine.

He's 3 and a half btw.

BarbarianMum Mon 08-May-17 21:24:17

I hope you have the all clear for diabetes by now OP. A UTI might also give the symptoms you describe.

T1mum3 Wed 10-May-17 19:30:36

I hope he's ok. If it is type one diabetes, please pm me if you need any support. BTW they should do a blood test really rather than just urine dip.

JesusDontWantMeForASunbeam Wed 10-May-17 20:54:36

Hi

They dismissed the diabetes concerns. I think I was overreacting. He seems less thirsty today. No UTI. The doctor said boys especially are prone to regressing a bit with toileting and that the lethargy is just the aftermath of flu.

T1mum3 Sun 14-May-17 15:58:44

I'm glad to hear he is a bit better. Did they do a finger prick to exclude type one diabetes?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now