Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Medic Advice about ligament damage

(9 Posts)
Clure Sun 30-Apr-17 22:52:47

Dd aged 12 damaged ligament in shoulder after falling from horse. Sling for 2 weeks then consultant said to them wear sling just for school to protect against knocks but to start using it gently. Dd invited to trampoline party tomorrow. Should I say a definite no? Need medical advice please! Thanks.

Wolfiefan Sun 30-Apr-17 22:54:50

When was fall?
You won't get reliable medical advice on here!

notangelinajolie Sun 30-Apr-17 22:59:51

Well, I wouldn't be jumping on a trampline 2 weeks after a tearing a ligament but then again I'm not 12. You need to get medical advice from a medical professional in RL not mumsnet.

Clure Sun 30-Apr-17 23:16:27

Thanks. The party is tomorrow and it's bank holiday so no Gp open. I guess I could ring 111 but didn't want to ring as seems trivial and seems like I should be following my common sense! She injured it 3 weeks ago and is healing well, improved range of movement. Guess it's risk of her falling really!

Wolfiefan Sun 30-Apr-17 23:18:31

I wouldn't say trampolining is using it gently. Don't know how serious the injury was but I think I would err on the side of caution. Ruptured ligaments are not something you'd want. Trust me!

Clure Sun 30-Apr-17 23:28:38

Thanks wolfiefan. I think you've said what I probably know deep down. Caution it is. There'll be other trampoline opportunities!

Wolfiefan Sun 30-Apr-17 23:29:51

Find something nice to do tomorrow. I ruptured a ligament in my foot. More painful than a broken bone. She doesn't want that!

RedBugMug Sun 30-Apr-17 23:32:39

I would say no.
knowing my 10yo there is no such thing as bouncing up and down gently.
it's also likely that the trampoline place wouldn't allow her to join in with an injury like that (unless you lie)

nuttymango Sun 30-Apr-17 23:43:01

I'd say no way, ligament damage from a fall from a horse can take months to heal. I still got pain in my arm from a horse fall ligament injury up to a year later.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now