Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

2 year old screaming in pain with ear then ok

(2 Posts)
suilaruin Sat 29-Apr-17 10:08:26

My 2 1/2 year old for the past couple of months as been waking up crying holding her left ear. She has only woken up with it about 3 times but says it is hurting and shes holding it. I havent taken her to the doctors yet because the next day she is fine and no mention of it even if I ask her. What could this be? I am planning on taking her next week to the doctor as she woke up last night with it and im not sure what it is!

thanks!

Witchend Sat 29-Apr-17 11:21:51

Ds has suffered from glue ear and night times are more likely to be when infections start hurting. If he did what you're describing then his ear drum would have burst, but you'd see stuff coming out of the ear in that case.
I would request she's investigated for glue ear and ask for a hearing test. No you won't have noticed if she's down on hearing because of it necessarily. Even though I knew ds had glue ear, I'd never noticed he was lip reading and how bad his hearing was. it's very common to not notice because children compensate really well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now