Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Could this be very early puberty?

(4 Posts)
elliejjtiny Fri 28-Apr-17 11:03:53

I'm panicking and imagining all kinds of things.

I was changing my nearly 4 year old's nappy this morning and he has 3 hairs down there that weren't there yesterday. What do I do? If it's puberty can it be paused? He's got other complex health needs so this is probably a minor thing in comparison. I feel really stupid for worrying about this but it was a shock. I have a 10 year old boy who hasn't started developing yet so totally unprepared.

JanuarySmith Fri 28-Apr-17 11:10:09

I don't think anyone on mumsnet can be much use. You need to pop down to see the doctor. Children don't go through puberty at 4 years old as a rule so there's a problem if this is the case and a doctor is the only person who can advise you on what they can do

nocoolnamesleft Fri 28-Apr-17 15:03:51

Hopefully just premature adrenarche www.childrenshospital.org/conditions-and-treatments/conditions/premature-adrenarche but needs checking out.

elliejjtiny Fri 28-Apr-17 21:20:33

Thank you both. It was a month wait to see the gp but thankfully we are seeing his paediatrician on 19th may so I can ask her then.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now