We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

What's wrong with DS eye? *pic attached*

(8 Posts)
HCantThinkOfAUsername Wed 26-Apr-17 07:53:40

This started yesterday but getting more inflamed. He hasn't mentioned it but has ASD so not very good with communication.
I will take him to pharmacy after school to get it looked at.

Whirltime Wed 26-Apr-17 07:55:41

I think you need to take him before school. Could be infection or possibly a stye

MissWilmottsGhost Wed 26-Apr-17 07:58:15

Looks like an infection of an eyelash hair follicle, I remember getting them when I was a child and DM used to call it a stye.

IME it gets better in a couple of days.

3catsandcounting Wed 26-Apr-17 07:58:24

Looks like a stye. Is that a small yellow head I can see?
I had loads of these when I was young. Golden Eye Oinment sorted it out (if they still make it?)

Snowflakesandsparkle Wed 26-Apr-17 08:01:23

Looks like he has a stye coming up, my ds suffered quite a lot with them when he was younger, but he had overactive glands in his eyelids.

Pharmacy may not give you anything as antibiotics don't really do a great deal but may advise to use a hot compress to draw out the oils.

Verbena37 Wed 26-Apr-17 08:04:38

It's a stye.
Just bathe it with some warm salt water. It'll be gone in a day or two.

I also think it looks like a stye - if they still do the golden eye ointment then get some of that, it really helps

HCantThinkOfAUsername Wed 26-Apr-17 08:19:15

It's sleep not a yellow head, just wiped it away. Thank you for the replies I'm glad it's nothing bad!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now