Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Diarrhoea for 8 days ... 15yo DS

(5 Posts)
NorfolksGiven Tue 25-Apr-17 17:44:39

Hello

DS started with sickness and diarrhoea eight days ago. Sickness went after first two days but the diarrhoea has persisted.

He says it is 'explosive water' three times a day - sorry! He is not eating properly and is now off school, has exams next week (Yr10)

He feels well in himself, no blood, no fever, just this.

NHS website says if it is gastroenteritis is lasts only a few days and not to go to the GP but since it's gone on so long and he is missing school I've booked a GP visit - first one available though is next Wed hmm

Does anyone know what it could be!?

No one else in family been ill either.

Shortdarkandfeisty Tue 25-Apr-17 17:46:17

I once was ill like that for three weeks so went to GP

GP said no meat, no dairy, no fish and suggested that every time I ate one of those things I was 'resetting' it so I ate blander food and it stopped in the end

Poor him

Badders123 Tue 25-Apr-17 18:04:31

Dioralyte after each watery movement
No dairy!
Pro biotics

Ollivander84 Tue 25-Apr-17 18:09:19

I've literally just posted a thread asking for advice! I started last Wednesday with just diarrhoea and it hasn't gone away yet. I feel absolutely fine apart from that

NorfolksGiven Wed 26-Apr-17 19:04:13

Thank you smile Ok probiotics Amazon primed - no meat fish dairy etc will see how he gets on.

Worried about him missing so much school when he feels well in himself.

I noticed a couple of threads with similar issue. I hope we all get resolved soon!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now