Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

How to clean my 11 day old baby girls private bits?

(8 Posts)
Lotsofqueries Fri 21-Apr-17 21:17:15

So conscious of her being clean but not wanting to make her sore? What's the white stuff? I've been bathing her but it's still there?

daimbar Fri 21-Apr-17 21:24:37

I would use cotton wool and cooled boiled water, nothing that could irritate her.
Has she had a bath yet? She might enjoy a quick dip by now.

FATEdestiny Fri 21-Apr-17 21:25:37

The white stuff will just be the dowdy stuff from birth. Perfectly fine, no need to clean it away.

Just use cotton wool and water, or wipes, after nappy changes and wipe downwards (from front to back) gently. Watch for poo getting in her thigh cracks, stretch out her legs to clean this.

Wolfiefan Fri 21-Apr-17 21:26:14

Top and tail with water. That's it really. You only need to clean off any snot, wee or poo! They don't really get mucky.

F1ipFlopFrus Fri 21-Apr-17 21:26:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Lotsofqueries Fri 21-Apr-17 22:13:22

Thanks. Poor little lady. Don't want to make her sore! Not used to girls bits. Got a 4 year old boy.

dementedpixie Fri 21-Apr-17 22:15:59

I used sensitive baby wipes on both my children from birth. Wipe front to back gently.

whoknewitwastrue Sat 22-Apr-17 00:14:13

The white stuff is vernix and will go away on its own.

I also have DS(5) and have found DD bits a bit of a mind field in comparison!

I just ensure the labia is poo free using water and cotton wool and wipe front back. Occasionally I will clean the labia after the bath with a cloth as I noticed it could get a bit smelly. Definitely not an area you want to be very clean though. Boy it's are so much easier!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now