Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Lumps on DS's inner knee

(6 Posts)
CabbageLooking Fri 21-Apr-17 10:32:34

DS has had the lumps pictured for a couple of weeks. He told me they didn't hurt. At first I thought it was ezcema but as it got more pronounced I figured it was molluscum contagiosum which isn't treatable. He now also has a lump in his mouth so I'm wondering if it's hand foot and mouth? He's been tired and ratty recently but I didn't tie it together until now. Thoughts? (NB: I will try to get a gp appointment but our surgery is down to 3 day weeks so it's not easy).

Witchend Fri 21-Apr-17 12:03:33

If he has got HFM then it will be separate from the lumps behind the knee. They are definitely on the hands and feet and sometimes go up the legs, but predominantly are on the feet.
I think the mouth is more mouth ulcers than lumps too, nor, do those spots look like them if I'm remembering right, and I don't think they last a couple of weeks, more a few days.

CabbageLooking Fri 21-Apr-17 12:27:07

I've had a good look at his hands and feet and there's nothing there. The lump in his mouth is an ulcer (it's that sort of grey colour and flat so not really a lump at all I suppose!)

Does HFM always show in the same places for everyone then?

Witchend Fri 21-Apr-17 14:12:17

Yes: Hands, feet and mouth grin

Dd1 had the rash going up her legs as well, but it was clearly more on the feet.

CabbageLooking Fri 21-Apr-17 20:23:15

OK - are we sticking with my original thought then? Molloscum contagiosum (sp?)... Maybe the mouth thing is coincidence? But he has been off recently....

Witchend Sat 22-Apr-17 00:44:21

I would say so, but it's worth checking the GP. Our Gp has a herbal remedy he prescribes for Molloscum which works in about 2 weeks. Unfortunately I can't remember what it is. Sorry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now