Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Does my son have worms? (TMI as there's a pic!)

(6 Posts)
SabsMatthews Thu 20-Apr-17 09:39:26

I know this is a little gross... I've cropped the picture as much as possible. Does it look like a worm? He has passed a couple.

user1491572121 Thu 20-Apr-17 14:23:45

There's no way that's...workable outable OP! You mean thread worms right? Or is the thing in the photo what you suspect to be a worm? Thread worms are TINY....that's not tiny and looks too big to be any kind of common worm.

booellesmum Thu 20-Apr-17 14:25:55

?could be parts of a tape worm?
I think you need to take to show GP for proper treatment.
Hope he's OK.

MiltopMighty Thu 20-Apr-17 14:29:10

<boak>

It does look tapewormish but I can't look longer than a second or 2 as I am already nauseous. I'd take the photo to the GP if you are worried about anything bigger than a threadworm.

Have you travelled anywhere unusual or have any reason to think he could have a tapeworm? Has he lost weight recently?

SabsMatthews Thu 20-Apr-17 17:30:39

Yes, the bit I have photographed is the bit I think is a worm? No other symptoms though! We haven't been anywhere unusual, only somewhere in Europe.

AltheaThoon Thu 20-Apr-17 20:40:25

Well, that's definitely not worms as we know them. The GP is probably your best bet. Has he eaten any hard-to-digest foods lately?? Is he gaining weight as normal?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now