Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

SH register- what does it mean?

(5 Posts)
Cindercafferella Tue 18-Apr-17 23:11:39

Hi, I went to the GP today to have some medical forms completed for my upcoming move overseas. While there the doctor read out a 'pop up' on the screen of my eldest daughter saying she was on the SH register. I asked what this meant and he said it was not something he'd seen before. He had a fiddle on the computer and said he was not sure. He told me to ask at reception, so I did and was then sent onto see another person. This person looked at my daughter's records and said she did not know what it meant either. She said it was odd but nothing to worry about.
I can't shake off what it could mean though! Any thoughts? Thanks in advance xx

Blossom789 Fri 21-Apr-17 09:56:25

How old is your daughter? Quick google indicated student health register- for uni ages does that apply??

Cindercafferella Fri 21-Apr-17 12:54:29

Hi thanks for the reply. She's 12 so it wouldn't apply. I did a google search too x

Blossom789 Fri 21-Apr-17 13:06:20

Perhaps raise it with the practice manager at gp's as they should know what it means. There would be registers for recurring problems e.g. Asthma, diabetes, learning disability. Does she have any longstanding problems?

Cindercafferella Fri 21-Apr-17 18:39:41

Nothing at all, I work in children's services so I've asked my colleagues and not one has a clue! It's just very odd x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now