Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Grey hairs on 7 year olds head!

(9 Posts)
2010sll Tue 18-Apr-17 22:17:45

Hi,

My daughter has a couple of grey hairs! I discovered them today!

Googled it (obviously) but nothing obvious springs to mind. She has a varied, healthy diet but I will look to introduce more V B12 foods. Anyone else encountered this? I've made a doctor appointment (just a phone one - think the receptionist thought I was mad) just to be on the safe side. She is otherwise fit and well.

Thanks in advance.

Sunshineandlaughter Tue 18-Apr-17 22:52:44

Are you sure they are grey not blonde?
Folate defincency? B9 rather than b12 that is?

ArcheryAnnie Tue 18-Apr-17 23:41:43

I had a grey streak in my hair from primary school onwards! It was near my crown, it never got any bigger, and I rather liked it. I don't think it indicated any deficiency, just a quirk of biology.

2010sll Wed 19-Apr-17 18:24:31

Thanks for your replies.

YNK Wed 19-Apr-17 18:28:12

www.b12deficiency.info/b12-testing/

www.b12deficiency.info/children-and-b12/

Dontsayyouloveme Wed 19-Apr-17 23:37:49

My son is 5years and 9minths and has one grey hair on his head and probably has had for at least a year. Not once has it crossed my mind that it might be something other than genetic!!

TooExtraImmatureCheddar Wed 19-Apr-17 23:41:09

Has she had any head injuries? My sister had one grey hair at the back of her head and we reckoned it must have been caused by me whacking her at some point. It needn't be a big injury!

Nodowntime Wed 19-Apr-17 23:56:45

My son, who is now 15, has had two grey hairs since he was 5(actually I forgot about it and haven't checked for a while, but a couple of years ago he still had them). It never occurred to me to make a doctor's appointment when i discovered them hmm, though I was quite taken aback by my discovery...

2010sll Thu 20-Apr-17 06:35:11

Thanks all. I'm not particularly concerned. Was just a bit of a shock to discover my 7 year old had 1 more grey hair than me!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now