Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Sore behind knees

(7 Posts)
Blossom789 Tue 18-Apr-17 12:54:18

DS has sore looking red lines behind his knee and leg roll(!). I think it's because he has his legs bent up so much of the time. I've tried various different creams including veg oil and aveeno but I'm sure it's making it worse. We're on sufocream today but it seems wet still so we're baring legs to the air this afternoon!

What's best to do? I'm wondering about no cream and see what happens!

Wolfiefan Tue 18-Apr-17 12:55:01

Eczema? That's a common place for it. May need a steroid cream.

Minilobster123 Tue 18-Apr-17 22:18:30

Our DS had exactly the same. Used every sort of cream going. A steroid cream used over four days has cleared it completely. It used to be quite cracked and weepy.

Doilooklikeatourist Tue 18-Apr-17 22:20:39

^^ as above , excema , and you need steroid cream
It'll be sorted in a couple of days
Needs a Drs prescription though

ExplodedCloud Tue 18-Apr-17 22:25:03

Aveeno moisturiser with oatmeal sorted it out for dd.

Blossom789 Wed 26-Apr-17 04:34:43

Exploded cloud, is this the baby range??

We went to gp and they prescribed oilatum for bath and lotion, but worried about using it as it seems strong stuff. Are there negatives for oilatum? I'm wondering if we use it to get on top of the eczema then go onto a more natural product - would that work??

ExplodedCloud Wed 26-Apr-17 10:45:25

No just the ordinary Aveeno cream. I saw it recommended on here years ago smile We had tried steroid cream etc but this sorted it out.
Sorry I've just realised you said Aveeno in your OP and I missed that blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now