Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Secondry drowning ?

(5 Posts)
vixyfairy Sun 16-Apr-17 20:19:08

Hey everyone this is my first time on here and im looking for some advice after googling and freaking myself out sad so i was bathing my LG 18 months old. I was washing her hair and as i put the jug of water over her head she fidgeted and jerked my hand away from her and ended up being a waterfall over her face. However im not sure if she managed to inhale any i wiped the water out of her face as quick as i could and she was still holding her breath i had to rub her back to get her to breath and she coughed and started crying and then she was fine. This happened about 2 hours ago shes in bed now as its bedtime but im just really worried i know the signs to look out for but i was wandering if this could happen in this incident as she wasnt submerged etc thanks in advance x

ineedamoreadultieradult Sun 16-Apr-17 20:21:31

Its very rare and especially so in a situation as you've described. How was she after she stopped crying and before bed?

vixyfairy Sun 16-Apr-17 20:25:17

She seemed fine was playing in her bath and laughing etc when she came out being a cheeky monkey seemed fine within herself. Shes not that great with even the smallest of trickles running down her face, i will admit im a panicker :/ x

ineedamoreadultieradult Sun 16-Apr-17 20:30:48

I am not an expert but DS1 is a rookie lifeguard (he is only 10 though so also no real expert) he says symptoms would be coughing, hard work breathing, fever, sleepyness or irritability, being sick.

vixyfairy Sun 16-Apr-17 20:38:30

Aw bless him !! Thank you very much i found symptoms online and have taken a screen shot i will keep an eye ok her through the night smile x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now