Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Newborn rashes

(20 Posts)
babynelly2010 Sun 16-Apr-17 17:08:51

Hi, I had an emergency csection couple of days ago. I had a lot of medications over the last t

babynelly2010 Sun 16-Apr-17 17:22:20

Oops soory I actually fall a sleep and sent this before finishing... anyhow I had a lot of drugs after and during csection. While at hospital baby had few random rashes, I was told this was because she is being exposed to random things, thus the reaction. Today we came home, one of the first things I did took her out the carseat took her to be changed at changing table and then placed her in her cot with her blankets, took a picture. Lift her up and she brought up some mucus and started screaming crazily. I placed her on my chest and under her vest I noticed her back is bright red. Called dh he took a look and baby had rash on her entire back and bum. Panic screaming, decided to put mustella cream on her which worked but currently she is still irritated on her back. She is feeding well and otherwise fine, so we decided to wait for mw tomorrow, to mention even if rash is gone by then.
Any ideas what this could be? I thought maybe something on the change mat... may be cats slept on the bed but we always keep them out, may be dry wall fell on the bed when I screwed picture frames in before baby came, may be she sweated in the car seat and something was on there... may be all the meds in my system. I do not know.
Anyone could may be understand?

I am just in such distress over this.

highinthesky Sun 16-Apr-17 17:28:26

Congratulations on your new baby!

It's difficult to make a judgement based on the information you have given. It might be a general skin sensitivity or a reaction to the washing powder used? Or one of umpteen other things. Keep the environment clean and cat-free for now.

Feeding well and being otherwise ok is a good sign though. Try not to worry and wait and see what your MW says.

KatyBerry Sun 16-Apr-17 17:28:26

What sort of rash is it - what does it look like? Is your baby distressed or happy enough and sleeping? It could simply be milk rash or baby acne which are both pretty common- it's very probably nothing to be concerned by.

babynelly2010 Sun 16-Apr-17 17:38:29

Baby is feeding sleeping well and otherwise fine. She does not look uncomfortable or itchy.
Rash was all red with rased whitish yellowish dots in some places, they go away on pressure. Not dry. Now looks like redness is going away.
Thank you for congratulations :-) she is an absolute delight, I love her so much and want her to be well. I am so tired probably my reactions right now to things are over the top. I want to run and rewash everything in nonbio but cant because of pain in csection. Some was done by mil including the blanket on the bed I am a bit nervous it may be was not washed properly. sad

babynelly2010 Sun 16-Apr-17 17:47:56

Here is picture of knee but it is a lot more on her back and bum

babynelly2010 Sun 16-Apr-17 17:48:36

Should we go back to hospital?

babynelly2010 Sun 16-Apr-17 18:34:57

Any ideas on the picture, it looks to be improving

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 16-Apr-17 18:52:35

Were you given a phone number for the MWs at the hospital? If so, I'd give them a call. Probably nothing but worth asking about smile

babynelly2010 Sun 16-Apr-17 18:56:55

Ok

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 16-Apr-17 19:02:20

So, are you going to call them? smile

outputgap Sun 16-Apr-17 19:06:53

Red with whitish yellow dots sounds like baby acne to me. Very common, especially at the very beginning. Comes and goes for a while. All mine had it. Can look quite vicious.

Google it and see if it matches your baby's skin. But definitely ring the midwife if you're worried.

KatyBerry Sun 16-Apr-17 19:08:47

My first was absolutely covered in those, head to toe. They went away without any issues after a week or two. Not sure if there's a connection but she was also a c sec delivery. We had a maternity nurse with us and she was absolutely unfazed so we didn't call MW

babynelly2010 Sun 16-Apr-17 19:13:25

healthzene.com/erythema-toxicum-neonatorum/
This is what it looks like.

babynelly2010 Sun 16-Apr-17 19:13:57

First picture below of the back

babynelly2010 Sun 16-Apr-17 19:15:27

I think to wait for mw tomorrow as she looks good and happy.
Still thinking of it but she is on her second date and description matches exactly

babynelly2010 Sun 16-Apr-17 19:15:46

I will check their booklet they gave us

MinisWin Sun 16-Apr-17 19:23:17

That looks an awful lot like neonatorum toxicum, which is completely normal and unconcerning, despite its scary name!

MinisWin Sun 16-Apr-17 19:23:42

X-posy

babynelly2010 Tue 18-Apr-17 00:13:07

Mw confirmed today that rash is nothing to worry and should go away soon, it can change locations though she said

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now