Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

ear correction surgery

(7 Posts)
essiemcal Fri 14-Apr-17 21:40:13

Hi, my 10yo dd has said she would like to have her ears corrected. They stick out at 90degrees, and dh and I are supporting her fully to go for the op. Can any other mums recommend a good clinic? Been searching on line. We live in North London, and interested in the London Clinic ... just wondering if anyone else has gone through this? Thanks

Sirzy Sat 15-Apr-17 11:44:04

I can't help with the clinics, but having had the operation done when I was 10 - I have never regretted it and still class it as one of the best decisions I ever made so good luck to her!

wavecat Sat 15-Apr-17 12:12:38

Hi my mother organised for me to have this op in the early 70's and my daughter (21) had her ears fixed aged 7, both of us have been delighted by the results and have encouraged others to go ahead. I understood that the operation was one of the few plastic surgeries approved for funding by the NHS as it has significant outcomes for self confidence issues. Your GP will be able to recommend a plastic surgeon in your area or arrange an NHS referral.

Sunshineandlaughter Wed 19-Apr-17 00:31:25

Sorry also can't recommend anyone but my brother has when he was 17 and it was one of the best things he ever did. He is so much more confident with them done.

LynetteScavo Fri 21-Apr-17 19:50:57

The GP who saw DD when she was born suggested he had them done aged 5. At 5 another GP wasn't supportive.

We're now considering earfold implants. Have a google. It's fine under local anaesthetic, and DD is a fusser so she will need to keep still. I think she'll be ready when she's 12/13. It'll cost about £3k

LynetteScavo Fri 21-Apr-17 19:52:00

*fine = done

ItsOut Fri 21-Apr-17 20:02:53

My friends DD 10'ish (?) had them done last year - on the NHS. The DD was delighted with the results.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now