Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Anyone tried cranial osteopathy for their baby?

(7 Posts)
Jojo13 Thu 13-Apr-17 16:39:40

Just that really.
Looking for thoughts, advice, stories.

Thanks

RMC123 Thu 13-Apr-17 16:44:06

Yes. It was 15 years ago. My son was delivered by forceps and had a pull muscle in his neck. His skull was quite a strange shape and he slept in short bursts only. It did seem to help, certainly it relaxed him.

guiltynetter Thu 13-Apr-17 16:48:39

yes, i went in desperation when my DD (now 2) was around 8 weeks old as she screamed all the time. i only went to 2 sessions, it seemed to make her worse (the nights after the sessions she barely slept all night, like she was wired!) it was expensive and at the second session the guy said 'right, i think about 5 more sessions should cure her'. it would have cost around £200 so i never went back, i felt a bit like i was being seized.

guiltynetter Thu 13-Apr-17 16:51:12

swizzed* not seized! i must add around 4 weeks later she was diagnosed with a milk allergy and changed onto different formula, which changed her into a different baby, so he was never going to cure that.

HabbyHadno Thu 13-Apr-17 16:52:55

Yes, my son had three sessions and was like a different baby after.

notarehearsal Thu 13-Apr-17 16:54:08

Yes many years ago with my DS when he was about 12 weeks old. He'd had a hernia repair at 8 weeks and developed severe constipation. He also, over night, had become a dreadfully irritable baby and screamed a lot of the time. Sadly cranial osteopathy didnt help though he only had two sessions

Splinters6 Thu 13-Apr-17 17:01:59

I went with ds3. I didn't expect much but I was at my wits end with the screaming. He was over 10lbs at birth and got a little stuck and he also had torticollis so I thought I'd give it ago. The first time he screamed even more and even louder but they persuaded me to keep going. The second time he was definitely calmer afterwards and after the third session, he immediately slept for 3hours. He had 2 more sessions after that as whilst he was still whingy, the high-pitched screaming had stopped and he was eating better, sleeping better and communicating better.

I think without a doubt it made a difference in the case of DS3. I was thoroughly skeptical but totally convinced. However, I do think it's often banded around as a 'cure all' when it probably only works in some cases.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now