Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

I need advice. Please help.

(5 Posts)
user1491806480 Mon 10-Apr-17 08:15:18

Hey! My son Joy is nine years old. We waited for about five years for his arrival into our life. My husband John, showed a huge transformation in his behaviour by our son’s presence. John was short tempered and he hardly smiled. As he started spending time with Joy, he became more like an easy going person. But, John is very much concerned about our son. I still remember the day when Joy fell down from his cycle and my husband started shouting at me. Whenever Joy gets hurt, my husband gets angry with me for not taking care of him. I always try my best to take care of my son, but most of the times I fail. Today, Joy came to me crying with one hand on his left cheek. When I looked carefully, I have noticed a swelling on his left cheek. One of his teeth from the lower has a cavity and he is experiencing pain. I am planning to take him to a dental care clinic. But I am worried about my husband’s reaction to this. Should I tell him about this or I have to hide it from him? I need some good advice from you people. Thanks in advance.

DoItTooJulia Mon 10-Apr-17 08:25:09

Being scared of your partner isn't ok-it's worrying and something I think you should speak to someone in real life about.

Get your son the care he needs today.

And you may want to rethink posting names and links to things that may identify you. The beauty of this place is that you're anonymous but it only works if you take steps to keep yourself anonymous.

Best of luck

BeeMyBaby Mon 10-Apr-17 10:27:06

I'd get it fixed and then tell him he had a cavity after the fact. My husband too over reacts when our children get hurt and apparently it is my fault although I have come to realise it's just the way things are and you can't wrap them up in bubble wrap as children need to have fresh air and see other children. My daughter got a filling when she was 3 (she used to drink milk every night just before she fell asleep) and I just made sure I stopped doing this and added other things to her dental care regime (electric tooth brush, mouthwash when she was 6 and now starting to get her to chew sugar free gum now she is 7) so that she can avoid any more cavities.

QuestionableMouse Mon 10-Apr-17 10:39:22

Something is off about this post... Id put money on it being some sort of spam/advertising bot.

DoItTooJulia Mon 10-Apr-17 11:04:14

Yeah-I thought that, but was trying to take it at face value. Reported it hours ago though sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now