Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

6 year old ds swallowed a coin

(4 Posts)
monkeybusine55 Sat 08-Apr-17 21:27:24

I took my ds to A&E because he swallowed a coin this morning. They did an x-ray and it seemed to be in his large intestine. Doctor said it would probably come out in the next few hours but that there was a "pinch point" where the large intestine meets the small intestine and this is where coins sometimes get stuck.

Ds is not in any pain and acting as normal and has done 3 poos already but I couldn't find any evidence of a coin. We are going away on Monday for 5 days and I am wondering if it is likely to be out before then (if it wasn't in his poo) as I don't want to be taking him to hospital abroad if there are any complications.

Any advice on how long it normally takes to come out

user1491572121 Sun 09-Apr-17 07:55:03

He's done three poos since this morning? shock is that usual for him?

monkeybusine55 Sun 09-Apr-17 11:06:14

Yes he seems to have quite a high metabolism. Still not sure if the coin has come out. It has now been 24 hours since he swallowed the coin.

Wishiwasmoiradingle2017 Sun 09-Apr-17 11:09:14

When dd swallowed a nail they just passed a hand held metal detector over her!! Has your out of hours got one they could check him over with?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now