Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

child not eating with tummy ache

(2 Posts)
user1488540182 Thu 06-Apr-17 20:41:05

hi everyone. My 5 year old has been off his Food since Sunday, with symptoms of a cough stuffy nose intermittent stomach ache and nausea. Took him to the GP yesterday and she told me it was a virus. But he seems worse today and he has eaten very little.
anyone out there with the same problem with their child? I would appreciate any advice. I

TwatteryFlowers Thu 06-Apr-17 21:02:55

I have no ideas but I can sympathise. My 4 y old dd has been the same for the last week or so (apart from the nausea) and has been waking in the night with what appears to be stomach cramps. Nothing so far has helped - calpol, warm water bottle, changing positions, gentle stomach massage, encouraging her to go for a wee or a poo etc etc. Tonight I've bought some gripe water to see if that helps.

She's been to see the nurse practitioner who has ruled out water infection and appendicitis. She just said she must be fighting something off and to let her get over it but that if it doesn't improve or if it gets worse then to go back.

It's awful and you can't help but worry (and perhaps feel a bit frustrated because you get a bit fed up with the whining) and you feel so helpless. Your child is looking to you for comfort, reassurance and an end to their pain but you can't give it. sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now