Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Frequent tummy upset in 5 year old ?

(3 Posts)
AnxiousMum03 Wed 05-Apr-17 09:00:12

My son seems to have Diarrhoea/ loose stools quite frequently he has probably had it about 4 times so far this year. He also seems to vomit quite alot. He has had 2 bouts of it so far this year in less than 4 weeks of each other? I know people say kids pick up alot from school but is this an really unusual amount in such a short space of time. I am await a GP appointment to discuss it with them because it's not classed as urgent!

Twopeapods Wed 05-Apr-17 22:34:17

It could be an intolerance/allergy to something? They can develop anytime. Have you tried cutting anything out his diet?

Crumbs1 Wed 05-Apr-17 22:42:49

It's handwashing lapses. Children rarely wash hands properly and then they all touch loo flush and door handles then their mouths. Teach him to be more obsessive about handwashing with soap and drying properly after loo and before eating. Schools and nurseries are often quite lax about pre lunch handwashing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now