Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Bronchiolitis keeps coming back

(5 Posts)
isobel79 Tue 04-Apr-17 17:44:05

Hello recently everytime my 1yo gets a cold he ends up with bronchiolitis. Since November last year we have been to the hospital three times, most recently over the weekend. Hes on his third lot of antibiotics a stronger one im told. Hes got to take them for four weeks. Its just so upsetting because hes distressed and fed up. Anyone else LO had recurring bronchiolitis? Im just exhausted tired. Thanks

isobel79 Tue 04-Apr-17 17:45:56

Does it get any better as he gets older? He goes to nursery so i know he will pick up most bugs but three times in less than six months. I'm pulling me hair out. And i always feel like when i do take him to hospital they think I'm probably over worrying!!!!

Sirzy Tue 04-Apr-17 18:54:13

Bronchiolitis is a virus so did they say why they have given antibitoics?

paddypants13 Tue 04-Apr-17 19:23:55

My ds (almost 2 now) was in the same situation and ended up in hospital a few times. They x-rayed his chest but found nothing so they treated him with inhalers. He had to have so many puffs on the preventer and had a reliever if we noticed he was snotty or coughing. He also had steroids (pregnisalone or something like that) He's stopped his inhaler now and touch wood he's only had one case of bronchiolitis in the last 9 months and it was mild. He was given steroids by the GP for it though just as a precaution. The consultant said he should grow out of it by his second birthday. Hope that helps. smile

paddypants13 Tue 04-Apr-17 19:25:55

The steroids were prescribed by the consultant during each hospital stay.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now