Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

15 month old rash

(2 Posts)
itsacatastrophe Mon 03-Apr-17 10:33:52

Ds is 15months and this morning has developed this red spotty rash all over his legs and feet and also his arms and hands. So far nothing on his torso and as he is very well in himself (if a little cheekier this morning) so I'm not massively worried it's anything dangerous.
However, he has been very unwell over the last 3 weeks and am concerned it's all like together. 3 weeks ago he had conjunctivitis which he was given eye drops for. Also a heavy cold and teething and was just bloody miserable and clingy for a few days. He seemed to recover.
Then last weekend he had a temp of over 39, completely off his food and drink, horrific crying. Was diagnosed last Sunday with an ear infection and given amoxicillin. Last Tuesday he woke up with a rash. The hospital and us believe it was an allergic reaction to the penicillin (I am also allergic to it) although can't diagnose fully without blood test etc. Told to stop the amoxicillin and give piriton for 2 days which we did. Now another rash this morning but this one is all raised spots.
Could it all be related? I don't really want to rush to the gp today as, as I said, ds seems fine in himself and isn't bothered by it plus we are there tomorrow anyway for his mmr (lucky boy!)
Has anyone been through similar? Was it all ok? Should I be concerned?

dementedpixie Mon 03-Apr-17 11:11:23

I don't think I'd let him have his mmr if he has an unexplained rash tbh. Is it on his palms/soles of feet?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now