Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Baby having blood test

(5 Posts)
Friendlylightupbear Sat 01-Apr-17 20:32:42

DD (14 months) is having a blood test on Monday, i think they need 4ml. How horrible will it be?! I'm hoping they'll use some emla cream. I have to go straight to work afterwards, which i feel awful about. She'll be at home with my mum at least. Thank you in advance

AnotherTimeMaybe Sat 01-Apr-17 20:46:06

They didn't prescribe you emla already? They usually prescribe it when you book the appointment, as you have to apply at least 30 mins before
Could you call up Monday morning and ask them to send a prescription to local pharmacy?

Other than that 4ml is easy I wouldn't worry mine had worse and were fine after a biscuit confused

Friendlylightupbear Sat 01-Apr-17 21:06:42

They didn't confused oh dear. It's first thing on Monday so i doubt I'd be able to get to a pharmacy first. Thanks for your reply, i will go armed with biscuits!

Butterflies27 Sat 01-Apr-17 21:15:50

My little one has had a blood test, they gave us the option of numbing cream which takes 30 minutes to work or freeze spray and get it done quick. We went with the freeze spray, my husband had to hold her she did cry a lot but after it was done and plaster on she was fine. It's worse for us for sure. Xx

AnotherTimeMaybe Sat 01-Apr-17 21:27:42

You can go to boots tomorrow and buy it OTC or even the freeze spray that butterflies mentioned

Good luck X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now