Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Fizzy Eyes?

(6 Posts)
PingaPenguin Sat 01-Apr-17 17:22:05

Anyone have any idea what DS (5.5) could mean by fizzy eyes?
He was sat watching telly the other day when he shook his head a couple of times. When asking what was wrong he said his eyes were fizzy?
He can't explain what he means by fizzy which is very frustrating! He says he can always see properly, his vision doesn't change. I googled a picture of something fuzzy and asked if his vision does that which he said no. Asked him if he sees spots/lights in his eyes and he said no to that too. He's done it several times just now watching telly. Didn't do it at all that I noticed when we were out or when busy playing earlier.

Anyone's DC ever complained about anything similar?

He has had a couple of tic type things in the past (one was rolling his eyes to the side, and the other twitching his nose) not sure if this is a similar thing.

Docs booked for next week and I think I'll take him for an eye test too.

I have awful health anxiety so always catastrophise things.

Wolfiefan Sat 01-Apr-17 17:23:44

Eye test would be key. Any allergies? My hay fever has kicked in and my eyes itch!

PingaPenguin Sat 01-Apr-17 17:38:16

Possible allergies, had runny eyes on and off over summer. Will try his medicine and see what happens.
I'm sure both occasions I've seen him do it has been when he's tired (after school/nursery and later night last night followed by really busy day so far) but he's said it happens at school also.

sammylou1 Sun 02-Apr-17 00:54:09

Could it be the twitch you get in your eye when you're tired?

HallowedMimic Sun 02-Apr-17 00:58:15

Is he just watching TV without blinking for a while?

If I keep my eyes open, staring at something for a while, they get almost sore - like pins and needles.

My children always use 'fizzy' to mean a pins and needles type thing.

PingaPenguin Sun 02-Apr-17 08:50:37

Thanks everyone for suggestions.

Yes Hallowed, I think it's maybe when he is watching something intently. Went out for a meal last night where he was busy chatting, being fussed over, drawing etc and he did not do it once, but described his feet as being fizzy when he got up after being sat on them on a hard wood chair for a while, so I guess by fizzy he does mean pins and needles!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now