Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Is this worms?

(3 Posts)
YepYep1 Fri 31-Mar-17 12:25:36

Have just changed my 6month olds nappy amd saw a few of these white things in it. They weren't moving but there were definitely a few.

Shootingstar2289 Fri 31-Mar-17 18:56:36

This picture isn't very clear!

Does your child eat much food yet? Many foods can look like threadworms. Especially if you're paranoid about them. If my daughter eats oranges the little shreds show up in her stools and freaks me out a little. Sometimes mucus can be mistaken for worms too.

My daughter caught threadworm off my son when she was 6 months (he was 5).

I never saw any in her poo. We had a rough night with her sleeping and the next day we saw one on her. I took her to the doctors and they prescribed medication (under twos can be treated under medical supervision). After that, I spotted two more on her skin but nothing in her stools which was strange. Maybe a mild case.

Doctors can do swabs to test for them. Good luck!

user1483617032 Fri 31-Mar-17 23:32:23

The picture isn't clear but sometimes the fibre in the nappy can look like worms. wait until you see any live ones, always check at night as they lay their eggs at night.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now